Wednesday, October 29, 2014

WOW, while I was sitting with Kaye last night she asked when the last time I had blogged and it was overwhelming to me to realize it had been a whole week. No wonder I've felt different lately. I've found this to be an outlet for me and a way to collect my thoughts or reflections on paper. 

This past Sunday morning, October 26, 2014; I was privileged to share with our church and as we broke open the Bread of Life/Word of God together we were reminded that God was, is and always will be our Creator and that when the world seems to be overtaking us it won't, (read Isaiah 43:1-3.) We were also reminded that He created us fearfully and wonderfully and that we are His masterpiece, (read Psalm 139:14.) Though these are wonderful scriptures and beautiful promises and reminders from our Lord, I couldn't help but think of the man this morning with a "withered hand" found in Mark 3:1-6.

Mark 3:1-6, "He entered again into a synagogue; and a man was there whose hand was withered. They were watching Him to see if He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him. He *said to the man with the withered hand, “Get up and come forward!” And He *said to them, “Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill?” But they kept silent. After looking around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, He *said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored. The Pharisees went out and immediately began conspiring with the Herodians against Him, as to how they might destroy Him." 

I began to think, just like you and I, this man too was created by God, and he too was fearfully and wonderfully made yet there was still a part of him that was ugly. 
We find where Jesus asked the man to stretch out his hand. If I were to be transparent, this man is better than I am. For I would have given God my good hand. See scriptures never indicate that both hands were withered, it is always written in the singular form. So, if one hand was good and looked like everybody else's I believe that's what I would give out. Rather this man gave God his ugly. Although I am saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Spirit, I too, have things that are ugly in my life that my flesh deals with daily. So...today I have been challenged and I challenge you, give God your ugly, not just the things that already seem perfect to the world, but give Him everything; your selfishness, your lies, your gossip, your anger, your financial bondage, give Him your all, and watch how He and only
He can make you whole! 

Be blessed today!

--Josh--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014