Wednesday, October 15, 2014 (powerful thought)

 "Take time to be still in My Presence. The more hassled you feel, the more you need this sacred space of communion with me."

It has been nearly a whole week since I last posted, and what a week it has been. On Monday of this week, October 13, the words above were penned in the book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. It wasn't until today, however, that I read them and it was more like a really hard jab in the gut when the words rang through my spirit. In the last week I have taken very little time to be still in [His] presence.  I have felt more than hassled and He is right, the more I feel this way, the more [I] need the sacred space of communion with [Him.]

The psalmist David wrote it well, "Be still, and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10. In a world that seems to race around at what appears to be light warping speed, you and I must continue daily  to commune with God. We must take time to rest in His presence, to communicate with Him; meaning more than just a small prayer consisting of us talking, but also time where we simply listen. I've shared the scripture found in Proverbs 10:19 before, but perhaps it is worth repeating, Sin is unavoidable when there is much talk, but whoever seals his lips is wise.

Today, I have been challenged (which is THE Word, for such a time as this) to bask in His presence, to take time and commune with the Almighty.

Psalm 62:5-8 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, o people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

John 4:23-24 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

Today, find time to worship Him, the Savior of the world, by simply taking time to be with Him in His presence. Watch as you commune with God, and allow the things of this world to be forgotten how you find rest, peace, joy and the satisfaction and gratefulness to know that God loves you!

Be Blessed,

--Josh--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014