Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Daily over the past three years I have been privileged to serve families during a time of loss of a loved one. However, today, I am reminding myself more and more of the scriptures I hear all the time, I go to prepare a place for you...that where I am there ye may be also. 

October 1, 2001 seems like it was just yesterday. My Mamaw passed away after a long battle of cancer and other complications. However, today I find hope, strength and refuge in the very things I try to present to families I'm privileged to care for. 

The idea that God the Father loves you and I enough to send His only Son, Jesus, to pay ransom for our sins is beyond amazing. Then to think that He sent the Holy Spirit as a comforter is more precious and sweeter than I could ever tell. But to know that He is the Forman of a construction project, building a place for you and I to dwell with Him for eternity and to see our loved ones who have gone before leaves me speechless. 

Like the old song says, I'm going home with Jesus, in the twinkling of an eye. I made my reservation for a mansion in the sky. I may not know the moment or I may not know the day, but I know that I'll be leaving when He calls His church away.  You and I can rest assured that if we believe in Him we have a hope for tomorrow. 

Trust Him and His promises, remember the loved ones who have gone on before you today and just think, Heaven is a whole lot sweeter! 

Be blessed!

--Josh--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Discovery

A New Beginning

A Christmas Miracle - Assurance for the New Year