Friday, October 3, 2014

This morning as I was reading for my devotion I was overwhelmed with the idea that I am nothing without God. That i rely on Him more and more as the days go on. 

Part of my devotion took me to the words of the Psalmist David, How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart all the day? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and answer me, O LORD my God; Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death, And my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," And my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken. But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, Because He has dealt bountifully with me. (Psalms 13:1-6 NASB) The words penned here in the 13th chapter are rather challenging to me. For one I can connect and sympathize with David, knowing full well the feeling of adversaries rejoicing when I'm shaken or perhaps kicking me when I'm down. However, I also have known well what trust in His loving kindness can do for the inner man. One translation said, I have trusted in your unfailing love. To think God loves you and I  beyond anything else. His love is unfailing and it never gives up on us. 

The writer of Proverbs wrote in chapter 3 verse 5 and 6, Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NASB) Ultimately it amounts to this, Trust in God Almighty is all it takes to have a blessed life. It's a faith thing, it takes faith to believe that He loves you and it takes faith to Trust Him with your life. 

Trust God with everything today and be blessed! 

--Josh--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014