Thursday, October 2, 2014

Becoming anxious, worrying, or perhaps caring about the outcome of a situation, a little to much, is something we are all guilty of, from time to time. However, this morning while sitting in a local devotion I was reminded by the guest speaker, Pastor Riggs, that worry is not of God.


This idea that worry is not biblical or of God intrigued me and over the last few hours, I have given it much thought. I recalled the reading from my copy of Sarah Young's book Jesus Calling just a few days ago on September 30. She writes as though Jesus is speaking to you directly and he says, "Your future is in My hands; I release it to you day by day, moment by moment. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow." What a thought, Jesus Himself is giving me each moment. I guess that would be confirmed in the scripture Psalm 37:23, The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. We also find the words of Jesus, in the Gospel of Matthew chapter 6 verse 25-34 telling us not to worry, Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Then today, during my own personal devotion and reading I was reminded that God knows everything about me, even the number of hairs on my head. I have been told, there is a specific reference of scripture for every day of our year speaking against fear or worry. Though I am grateful to know that God tells us time and time again not to worry or be anxious; I am more thankful that He provided us with instructions how to press on during times that would cause such care. Philippians 4:6,7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all [d]comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Today, remember not to worry about tomorrow or even things we face after lunch or this evening, but in EVERYTHING take it to God in prayer and allow Him to fill you with peace. Peace, peace, wonderful peace, coming down from the Father above. Sweep over my spirit forever I pray, in fathomless billows of love.


Be blessed!


--Josh--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014