Thursday; October 9, 2014

"Though you have faltered at times, you have not let go of My hand. I am pleased with your desire to stay close to Me."

These are the words penned by author Sarah Young in her book Jesus Calling for October 9. Young writes as though Jesus, Himself, is speaking and as I pondered these words, I couldn't help but believe He really was talking to me. Jesus is pleased with my desire to stay close to Him. Sure, I stumble, I falter in my faith or perhaps just flat out displease God at times. However, it is the fact that my intentions are not to displease Him but to bring Him glory in all that I do, that makes Him happy.
Scriptures tell us that the enemy has come to steal, kill and destroy; it is his three fold mission. However, JESUS has come to bring life and life more abundantly.

I was so encouraged by this thought that the High Priest is pleased with my desire to stay close to Him. To be honest, my desire to stay close to Him, stems from the fact that He first desired to stay close with me. The old song says it best, "O How I love Jesus, because He first loved me." Without God's love, I am nothing. Without His direction and will in my life, I wander a stray like a lost sheep without a shepherd; and that is exactly what God is. He is LIFE and LIFE more abundantly!

Today, my prayer is this. "God who loves me unconditionally, I ask that you help me to continue to please you. Though I may falter, may your very stable word sustain me. Please find joy in my life as I strive to serve you daily. Thank you for being all that I need and more. In the Name above every other name, Jesus, Amen."

Be Blessed!

--Josh--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

A Christmas Miracle - Assurance for the New Year