Peace in Chaos

This, perhaps, is one of most peoples favorite time of year. However, it can often be a blur. It seems that in an effort to make every party, every play, every get together, every cantata and to see every family member and friend, we somehow lose sight of the true meaning of this season. In fact, all of these good intentions become nothing more than another item on our agenda or to do list. Those things that we all sigh in relief too, when they are finished.

Just last night Kaye (my wife) and I had this conversation. She had asked to slip away for 1 day, only 1 day, to retreat and find rest in this very busy and obviously chaotic season of life. After a near coronary while looking over our calendar for December, adding things to it that I had yet to record, I gave in with hesitation and frustration. I gave her every reason that we shouldn't or couldn't find one day this month to retreat and find peace. Truthfully, this morning, as I began to review the next few weeks and all they hold, the one day I am most looking forward to, is that 1 day, of Peace in Chaos.

I was reminded of the scripture in Psalm 29:11, The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace. Peace is a blessing of God. Though it's important to do all you can to spend this time with family and friends; and you need to be involved with your church and school festivities; find a way, any way, to find Peace in Chaos. Enjoy this season. Slow down and embrace the joy. Find peace on earth we all talk about this time of year. Make it a season that you enjoy and never want to end!

Be blessed!

--Pastor Josh

I would be honored for you to join me, as my guest, at LaFayette Church of God (LaFayette, GA)
You can listen to weekend messages and learn more about our church at www.lafayettecog.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014