Keeping In Step With the Spirit

Occasionally, as part of my daily devotional, I will pick up Sarah Young's, Jesus Calling. Today was one of those days and I found myself so encouraged. She, led by the Holy Spirit, said; "Try to depend on the help of the Spirit as you go through this day of life. Pause briefly from time to time so you can consult with this Holy One inside you. He will not force you to do His bidding, but He will guide you as you give Him space in your life.

What a thought, the Holy Spirit (the Holy One) lives inside me. I don't have to be depressed today. I don't have to worry today. I don't have to sin today. If I will consult with Him and give Him space in my life, He will guide me! It's up to you. It's up to me. He wants to be our comforter. However, we having freewill, must remove ourselves and give Him space to lead; then must be willing to submit ourselves and follow His instruction!

Young quoted the words of the Apostle Paul to the church at Galatia, 5:25; Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Truthfully, it's easier said than done. Paul also instructed us in Romans 6 to die daily to ourselves and to be resurrected with Christ Jesus. Perhaps he was saying, if you continue to try and dictate your next step, selfishly making the next move, trying to be in constant control, you will mess up. But, if we submit ourselves, our whole life to Him, He is faithful to guide, lead, bring direction, and order our steps (Psalm 119:133.) Be encouraged today. Find time to let Him lead, then be willing to follow!

--Pastor Josh

I would be honored for you to join me, as my guest, at LaFayette Church of God (LaFayette, GA.)
You can listen to weekend messages and learn more about our church at www.lafayettecog.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014