Thankful

Paul, the apostle, said; Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:18.) This past Sunday, Oct. 22, 2017 was a day to remember. Our wonderful church family (LaFayette Church of God) honored us with a Pastor Appreciation Day. As I have sat and reflected on the days events, I was reminded of this simple, elementary principle. Frankly, it's easy to be thankful when you receive countless gifts, hear numerous words of affirmation and are given an opportunity to see and hug so many familiar faces that you hold dear.

But, what about the days that seem so rough, you don't know if you can bear them. What about the disappointing report from the doctor; or the final notice from the bank? How do you give thanks when your family is falling apart? How do you celebrate days that you simply want to forget ever existed? Often I am asked these and at times I think I have all the answers :). Then there are times I find myself posing the same question.

It's not always easy but I can honestly say that even on the toughest days of my life, days where I felt more like an undergoer than an overcomer, or like the tail instead of the head, that I was able to find something to be thankful for. We're quickly entering the season of Thanksgiving and I simply want to encourage you to find something to be thankful for! Regardless of the day, situation, current circumstances, doctor's report, bank note or other, find something to give thanks for. Because this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for YOU! 

Today, it's easy for me to be thankful and honestly that doesn't seem to adequately express my gratitude. But, tomorrow if things are tough, I will find strength through this verse!

Be Blessed,

Pastor Josh

I would be honored for you to join me, as my guest, at LaFayette Church of God (LaFayette, GA.)
You can listen to weekend messages and learn more about our church at, www.lafayettecog.org .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014