Your Private World

Many years ago I read, Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald. Even now, in the hustle of every day life, I find myself having to be reminded of nuggets of truth he reveals. On page 92, he quotes Elton Trueblood's, While It Is Day: A public man, though he is necessarily available at many times, must learn to hide. If he is always available, he is not worth enough when he is available. 

What a sobering thought. Truthfully, we all have agendas that seem busier and busier as each day passes. We find ourselves quickly approaching the holiday season, already scheduling dates for multiple fall festivals, football parties, thanksgiving meals and yes, for some, planning their Christmas seasonal events. However, as we approach this overwhelming, somewhat enveloping, ridiculously busy time of year; let's make the decision now to hide. Yes, some events of these seasons are required and expected. Others are enjoyable and traditional. Though, I am afraid, at times we have grown so familiar with the hustle and bustle of these seasons, that we have forgotten how to retreat and savor the moment.

Personally, I have to be reminded at times from people that care for me; my wife, my parents, and even close friends, that it's important to find that time to Order {My} Private World. A day off, occasionally, a short weekend get away, or even a moment during your lunch hour to rest on the park bench has great value in bringing great worth when you're needed.

I care for you. So be encouraged today, take time for your private life, so that you will be more resourceful to the public persona that is required/expected of you.

--Pastor Josh


I would be honored for you to join me, as my guest, at LaFayette Church of God (LaFayette, GA.) You can listen to weekend messages and learn more about our church at, www.lafayettecog.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Discovery

A New Beginning

A Christmas Miracle - Assurance for the New Year