You're a Representative of The Lord Jesus

The past two weeks, during our Morning Encounter services at LaFayette Church of God, we have been discovering the importance of our story. The part of the story we play in advancing His kingdom, and literally being the hands and feet of Jesus, through the story of our life.

I love it when every piece of the puzzle seems to fit just perfectly. Today, Oct. 17, 2017, my daily Bible verse is found in Colossians 3:17. It's the words of the Apostle Paul, speaking to the church at Colossae.  The English Standard Version reads like this, Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. The New Living Translation reads like this, And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. 

Wow, what an incredibly humbling thought that I get to be a representative of Jesus, the only begotten Son of the Father, the second person of the triune God head, the Great I Am. Then I am reminded though that my story is not my own. My story indeed is written to advance His!
1 John 4:4 says, Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 

Today, I am reminded, so I implore you; everything you do today, whether in conversation or action you do it ALL in the name of the Lord Jesus, as a representative of Him; all the time giving thanks through Him to God our Father!

Your words matter. Your attitude speaks clearly. Your actions are even louder than words! Your story matters today! What are you saying with it? Are you pointing people towards Jesus?

Be blessed!

--Pastor Josh

I would be honored for you to join me, as my guest, at LaFayette Church of God (LaFayette, GA.) You can listen to weekend messages and learn more about our church at, www.lafayettecog.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014