Saturday, October 17, 2015...THANKFUL

Yesterday, Friday, October 16, 2015. Kaye and I went with her grandpa, who has been in the hospital to a new in patient rehab that will be responsible for helping him get back on his feet. However, I have a friend who is in the same building for rehab. He is 85 year wise and has served God faithfully, literally around the world.

Though his body is feeble and his mind is not quite as sharp as it once was, I had the true honor and privilege to sit and listen to him tell me how good God is. Though he would tell me he needs the help of God, he would also tell me how thankful he is for salvation and "victory in Jesus." He took me by my hand and without prompt begin to pray for Kaye and I. He asked God to bless our family and our home. He pleaded the blood of Jesus over our lives and asked that God would give souls to our ministry. Needless to say, Kaye and I both were so overwhelmed that we quickly found tears rolling down our cheeks as yet again, this friend, man of valor, and most importantly disciple of Jesus Christ had left an impact on our lives that I truly hope I never forget.

I woke up this morning thinking about him and his lovely wife of nearly 70 years and couldn't help but think of the song, "When I Think About The Lord." It simply says, "When I think about the Lord, how He saved me, how He raised me, how he filled me with the Holy Ghost, how He healed me to the uttermost. It makes me want to shout. Hallelujah, thank you Jesus, Lord You're worthy of all the Glory and all the honor and all of the praise." 

Scripture is very clear that no man knoweth the hour that God will call His children home (Matthew 24:36.) However, I also know that when this saint of God's time comes the angels will sing a joyful song and I am assured that he will hear the words, recorded in Matthew 25:21, "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

 Thank you my friend for impacting my young life to want to serve Him more today then I ever have before! 

--Josh-- 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014