Wednesday, September 17, 2014

During my morning devotions today, I couldn't help but be challenged by the Words of Sarah Young in her book Jesus Calling, "You will not find My Peace by engaging in excessive planning: attempting to control what will happen to you in the future." I am a planner and I know it. Often Kaye will have to remind me that there is always tomorrow and I don't have to do everything I want today. I have so many goals and dreams and would much rather have them sooner than later, but the way she started this off, as if Jesus, Himself, was talking directly to me, was rather challenging. Have I become so consumed with my own personal desires in life; to be wealthy, to hold prestigious titles and positions, to secure my financial means for retirement or perhaps any other thing in life, that I have lost the peace of Christ? 

Young went on to say, "I crafted your mind for continual communication with Me." What a thought, God designed you and I so that we would require and desire continual communication with Him. I challenge you to slow down today and take time to find peace in Christ, to allow him to order your steps in His word. "The mind of man plans his way, But The Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9 NASB. 

--Josh Edwards--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

A Christmas Miracle - Assurance for the New Year