Friday, September 19, 2014

Have you ever just wondered, WHY? Why the world appears to race around you at what seems 1,000mph, or perhaps why it is as though the weight of the whole world is on your shoulders. 

To be rather transparent, I have been there lately. There have been things personally, professionally and spiritually that have caused me to ask God why. It has felt as though I'm constantly going and no time for rest, no time for extra curriculars with family or friends and even no time for my own spiritual growth or devotion. Truthfully, that is what rekindled the desire for this blog. To require me to take time and reflect a few moments about life and what I feel God is doing in me. 

Yesterday morning I sat in a local devotion where the speaker for the day made the statement, "I have nothing to say, I just came to pray." What a thought, this man drove over 80miles one way to do nothing but to pray with us. What  a way to make this preacher feel spiritual, considering I hadn't taken time before that to pray myself for the day. This morning, however, I caught myself sitting at the office before any one else arrived just praying for this day, asking God to bless my family and to place His  protection around each of us. 

You know after taking some time out of my busy day and getting frustrated asking God why, I feel like I heard from the Lord, this was his answer...

Jeremiah 18:1-6New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Potter and the Clay

18 The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord saying,“Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will announce My words to you.” Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something on the [a]wheel. But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make.

Then the word of the Lord came to me saying, “Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Behold, like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.


The old Childrens song, "He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be, it took him just a week to make the moon and stars, sun and earth and jupiter and Mars how lovely and patient He must be, He's still working on me." That's exactly WHY I'm in the place I am. 


Be encouraged today, if you seem to be asking WHY a whole lot and it appears as though you have more questions then answers, just remember He's still working on you. 


--Josh Edwards--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014