Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wait...a word that I personally despise. I hate being told that I must wait for something or even worse to have to wait on someone. I am one that was missing the hour that God gave out patience. But today I was reminded that waiting is not necessarily a consequence or a hindrance to me. In fact the Psalmist David said it like this, "Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD." (Psalms 27:14 NASB) or perhaps the prophet Isaiahs words, "Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."(Isaiah 40:31 NASB)" 

Right now I have a dear friend who has found himself waiting on the Lord. It seems that he has more questions than answers. As nice as it would be for God to expedite this season in his life and to answer those questions that seem endless, I am convinced that he will soon experience courage, rest, peace, joy and even answers to questions that man can not seem to confront. He waits on God today and I wait with him. Please take a moment right now to pray for my friend. God knows the need and circumstances and I am persuaded that as we petition the throne of grace and mercy on his behalf that God will see him waiting and provide for the very need. 

Take time today to wait on God and allow Him to order your steps and find that in your weakness His strength is made perfected! 

Be blessed! 

--Josh--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning

The Discovery

Monday, September 22, 2014